Monday, October 29, 2007

MOC2-1619b photos from Mars Global Surveyor

All original MOC2 photos from the now lost Mars Global Surveyor are credited to NASA, JPL, MSSS and whomever else had been involved legally. Cropped photos credited to me and my webpage. Please include my name and URL when copying and sharing. Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/070920_mars_tale.html
"
Hope for Water on Mars Dims with Sharp New Images"

I must admit that I was surprised when I read this article by Jeanna Bryner on the Space.com website, but only because I've known all along that the possible flow of water down the slope of an 'unnamed crater in the Centauri Montes region as described in the MSSS website may not have happened, as it was alluded to that it may have, by Dr. M. Malin of MSSS. In fact, that's why I became so involved in looking for Mars anomalies in the first place. I believe that one of the "bright deposits" that Dr. Alfred McEwen, a Planetary Geologist working at the University of Arizona, Tucson, was referring to is the one in the MOC2-1619 series of photos that I downloaded from MSSS. The day I looked at the MOC2 photos concerning the deposits, I happened to have my Windows magnifier set on 2 and when I looked at the magnified image of the whitish formation on the slope of the crater, I knew that it wasn't water that caused that formation or bright deposit. What I saw magnified was an elongated whitish formation that was really 2 figures that were climbing up the slope of the crater. One figure was higher than the other, similar to 2 people climbing up a steep hill or mountain where one is always the leader. After further magnification I saw that the one above showed several leg-like appendages coming out of its body. The face is showing a bit as it's partially turned and it has eyes and a mouth, but no evidence of a nose. The lower figure also appears insect-like with 2 eyes and a mouth in a grimace, looking upwards as though it has seen the now-lost Mars Global Surveyor. It appears to have wings. After I copied all the MOC2-1619 photos to my computer, I decided to make printouts. I magnified one of the series and then made a printout on photographic paper. I found that I had magnified it a bit too much and the pixels were showing, but at least it was a lot closer. So that the 2 figures would show up better, I colored the surrounding area all around the figures in red ink. I thought that it would make the figures stand out better. But today, as I looked at those photos again I remembered that giant insect in photo #17 that appears to be feeding on the humanoid's head in the ground on Mars. That's in the exhumed crater in Meridiani. I wonder if there is a relation between these giant insects and the one in #17. None of them have noses, just eyes and a mouth. What appears as a split in the main part of the white formation near the bottom of the crater is actually the long wing shapes.
Due to the shortcomings of the MOC2 camera aboard the MGS as far as clearer and closer shots I am not able to produce here the best possible photo of the 2 insect-like beings. But I feel it's important for people to see this anyway.



I felt it would be best to try to mask the background "noise" but the color somehow is more pink than my original red. The general outline of the 2 figures is alright, in spite of the enlarged pixels. The 2 figures are see-through but I don't think they are ghosts. The wings on the bottom figure can be seen slightly and may hang down further. The bottom figure's head begins where the top figure's "feet" ends. Notice the grimace on the face of the figure on the bottom. These may be related to the "insect" in the PSP photo #17 in the previous section. I am unable to improve the clarity.



At first I thought these may be aliens whose ship crash-landed at the bottom of this crater, but now I think they are indigenous to Mars. I'm certain that the original photo from which this was taken is the photo (or one of them) that Dr. Alfred McEwen and Dr. Christensen are talking about in the Space.com article.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: